Best Abs Exercises and Tips
Sporting a washboard stomach is one way of advertising you are in great physical condition. To achieve this you have to go in for abs workouts which will help you to sculpt a chiselled and stronger core. The abs muscles not only act as a stabilizer, they also rotate. So if you would like to advertise your fitness through a six-pack abs, below are some abs exercises you can find on best bodybuilding websites that will help you to achieve your goal.
- Sit on a step a bit off the ground, or on a sturdy chair. Then put your hands on the edge of the chair or step with your fingers gripping the edge.
- Next tighten your abs and lift your toes about 4 inches above the floor. Simultaneously lift your bottom off the chair.
- You should hold this position for about 10 seconds.
- Lower your body and repeat the routine for about 1 minute.
Raising of opposite leg an arm
- Go down on all fours. See that your knees are aligned with your hips and your wrists are in line with your shoulders.
- Raise the left leg to reach hip height. Raise the left arm to reach shoulder height.
- This position should be held for 2 counts. Then your fingers should reach forward and your back should be towards your heels.
- The whole routine can be repeated 15-20 times – alternating sides.
- A little twist to these abs exercises would be to touch the opposite elbow to the knees while pulling the leg and arm in.
Spiderman Plank Crunch
- Start in a plank position.
- Your body should be straight with the forearms on the ground.
- Draw the right knee towards the right elbow.
- Return to plank position.
- Repeat the move this time with the left knee towards the left elbow.
- Repeat the whole routine 10 times.
- You need to kneel on the floor. Then lean over to the right and place your right palm flat on the floor.
- With your weight balanced, you have to extend your left leg slowly, pointing your goes.
- With your elbow pointed towards the ceiling, place the left hand behind your head.
- With your arm extended above your leg and your palm forward facing, slowly lift the leg to your hip height.
- Bring your left side rib cage towards the hip and look over your hand.
- Lower yourself to the starting position – repeat about 8 times.
- After 6-8 reps switch sides.
Squat Trust with a twist
- You should stand with your feet apart shoulder-width, and then spread your arms at shoulder height in front.
- Bend your knees around 90 degrees and squat down and twist the upper body left.
- Repeat the moves to the right.
- Your weight should be kept in your heels, and your knees should not jut forward.
- As your shoulders and chest move from side to side, keep the knees facing towards the front.
- To get the best result, you should bend your knees about 90 degrees.
The above abs exercises will definitely help you to get ripped quickly and pave the way to your getting that to-die-for washboard stomach.